Many thanks to Amber Monroy and Sandra Romo for coming to help.
For their hard work, each got to take $50.00 in product of their choice home.
- Looking forward to doing it again soon. I don't know why I waited so long! My friend Kathy Baumann inspired me. I was worried that it would be a lot of work, but when you do it in steps, it wasn't so hard.
- One day I went to Goodwill and bought 15 baskets - brought them home and painted them hunter green and burgundy.
- I used material to line the bottoms using cardboard, batting and material and my handy glue gun.
- Next I set them up on tables with tablecloths.
- Then I went about making my signs. I just made all kinds without labels, only REG 10.00 SALE 5.00, etc. Of course, you don't have to discount yours quite so deeply, but I wanted to move product to make room for all my 2017 products.
- Next I filled baskets with product, then walked around and put my "price on a stick" in each basket.
- Next - cleaned my house and decluttered. Amber was really great at helping me with this. I decorated the bathroom in green and red and put lights around the mirror and twinkle lit the whole house including the tables. I got a cut rate deal on EBAY for little LED lights that have a battery pack, so I could wind them in and out of the baskets.
- Now I went and copied my order forms with lots of room to write. I stapled an info ticket to the top for the raffle and attached raffle tickets to each form.
- I filled a huge jar with Peppermints and wound pink lights (a la battery pack) in and out of the candy to make the whole jar shine pink. The customers would guess the number and the closest to the total would win this:
- All the time, I was advertising - making an Event page on FB and inviting everyone in the tri-city area who was my friend. Using Buffer to send out group messages to the world, using my social media in the WEB OFFICE to make sure everyone got the message.
- Signs - It's important that you have signs made on the main street, the cross streets and one pointing down your street and one in front of your house. The most important thing was that I made the signs in the bottom of the Avon boxes and then covered the whole box in wrapping paper and put a huge rock in it so the box wouldn't blow away in the wind. My mistake was in putting them out the night before because a kid or someone moved them a block or so and changed the boxes with the arrows pointing in a different direction! It was easily fixed the next morning.
A HOT point is the 1 penny difference between earnings brackets. 1 penny can get you 5 - 10% more profit!
295.00 - 439.99 - Earnings 35%
Martha Sheffield, Las Vegas $328.00
Donna Hernandez, Tempe, AZ $323.00
Mary Helen Rodriguez, Arizona City, AZ $311.00
Nicole Hamm, Tempe, AZ $283.00
Laura Brown Robinson Mesa, AZ $217
Maria Lozano, Ventura, CA $171.00
Jaqualine Rowe Prescott Valley, $141.00
0- 50.00 - Earnings 0%